Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Jr. High Keepsake

Hello everyone, Sarah here to share with you a very easy technique to create a great masked border on your layouts or cards. This is a subtle look created just by using an ink pad and a piece of paper. I love this technique because it helps to tie in the colors on my layout while adding a custom handmade touch to my projects.

1. Cut a piece of pattern paper to layer on top of your background paper to the the size that you would like your masking to be. Mine was cut to 10"x10".

2. Use your color choice of Colorbox Cat's Eye Queue to ink around all edges of the back side of your cut piece of pattern paper which will create the mask on the background paper.



3. Flip over your 10"x10" paper and cut about 1/4" off of each side then adhere to the center of your background paper. I also doodles lines along my inked edges to help them pop a little bit more.


4. I used Donna Salazar's Spring In Bloom 8x8 Paper Pad, the Artistic Papers, Donna's Spellbinders Carnation Creations dies, and Donna's Smooch Spritz to create this layout.

Here is my final page with the masked border. I really love the added color and subtleness this technique adds to my layout.


Donna Salazar Supplies: Spring In Bloom 8x8 Paper Pad, Artistic Papers, Carnation Creations Spellbinder's Dies, Smooch Spritz in Sea Breeze, ColorBox Cat's Eye Queue Chalk Ink

Other Supplies: Alpahbets: Simple Stories, American Crafts, Pearls: K&Co., Marker: EK Success, Adhesive: Helmar


No comments: