Friday, August 20, 2010

Can't Believe I Forgot!!

I really can't believe that I forgot to share these
pics a couple of weeks ago!!! I took my kids
geocaching for the first time and what fun!
I don't have the hand held GPS yet...trying to
figure out if I can use one that I already have...
anyway, there is actually one hidden literally
five minutes of walking from our house!
It's a hidden monument that has been there
since the early 1920's I think and I've never
even noticed it before because of how much
roads and buildings and houses have been
built up around it over the past 80 or 90 years.
My hubby grew up just blocks from where we
live now so he knew exactly what I was referring
to when I looked up the location online, and off
we went. We actually hit the site twice, the first
time we didn't really know what we where
searching for so we headed back home disappointed.
I did a little more research on geocaching and we
headed back an hour later with reinforcements this
time (my nieces and nephews who live right across
the street from us). We searched for a few minutes
around the monument and suddenly I saw what we
had been searching for!!! I was so happy and the
kids were in heaven as they signed the list that we
had been there...how cool that I actually went on a
treasure hunt with my kids, so of course I had to
take photos of our first hunt together!!


I think that this is the only photo I'm able to share.
The photo of the monument was already posted online so
I think I'm safe here, but the photo of my kids getting
the list out and signing it would definitely blow the
hiding spot if any of you live in my area. I will most
definitely be going back out with the kids to try and
hunt down more!! Emmy is really getting into it and
loving this! I would love to hear about any stories
or advice any of you have!! :)

One more thing before I go, I'd like to leave you with
a couple pics of my fun new bright sky blue fingernail
polish!!! It just makes me happy to look down at this
color along side my cute little cupcake ring while I'm
crafting....aaaahhhhh, the simple things!



Have a fantastic Friday and weekend,

LOVES :) -Sarah

No comments: