Thursday, April 8, 2010

Birthday Treats for School & A Layout

Happy Thursday!
Ok, so I said before how my daughter's birthday fell on Easter
this year and that we are actually having her party this coming
Saturday because of all the holiday things happening last weekend.
Anyway, on Monday of this week I baked a couple of cakes
(strawberry chip...very yummy!!!) and took them to Emily's
school so that she could celebrate her 10th birthday with her
classmates and of course it made every single child in that 4th
grade classroom quite happy...sorry parents and teachers for the
sugar rush but at least they had recess immediately following so
that all the kids could run off some of that excess energy.

So, my entire point to all of this is that I created a layout last
night using the photos that I took of Emily and her classmates
while they were all enjoying their cake and lemonade. It's very
hard to take fabulous photos in that horrible lighting in school
classrooms, even with the best of cameras and I was using my
cell, so to make that not so obvious I printed the photos in
3.5x5 and cropped them a bit to fit together on the layout.
I also made my own dye to spritz on the page using an old
body spray bottle and just my color choice of acrylic paint
watered down a bit...it's a very cost effective way to have
any color spray that you'd like whenever you'd like without
breaking the bank!! Also, the giant butterfly is a stamp that
I used with a rasberry colored ink. I'm quite happy with the
way this page turned out and I hope that my Emmy had a
great time sharing birthday treats with her friends at school.


Thanks for looking and this makes post #98. Don't forget to
check back for the GIVEAWAY celebrating my
100th post coming soon!!!

-Sarah

No comments: