Thursday, September 9, 2010

Remembering Rich

Back in 1999 there was a #1 hit called
Summer Girls by LFO. About a year later
my sisters were at a CD signing and apparently
Mary caught Brad's eye and we were all invited
to their concert that night with full access passes.
We met all of the guys from LFO, Brad, Devin,
and Rich. We hung out with them after their
meet and greet with their fans, chatted for a
while on their tour bus, and even got to watch
the concert from the side of the stage. It was one
of the best times I've had in my life and my
sisters even hung out with the guys a couple
more times that summer whenever they were
touring close to where we lived.......Brad even
did a little damage to Mary's car one night when
they were all out running around town, oh well,
he DID fix it for her!! Now to the sad part......
I heard that Rich passed away yesterday after
battling leukemia off and on since 2005. So sad!!
I want to send my deepest condolences to Rich's
family and friends and let them know....if they
should ever read this.....that he was such a
gentlemen inviting us to do everything with them
the day that I was able to hang out with the
group and just so kind to us. Thank you for a
summer of fun and your kindness and you and
your music will be missed.



-Sarah

No comments: