Saturday, July 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Tag with Donna Salazar

Hello everyone, Sarah here today to share with you a Happy Birthday Tag that is just perfect for any gift bag or wrapped present. So often we make cards and tags for the little people in our lives, but this Happy Birthday Tag created with the Donna Salazar Artistic Papers is just perfect for those adult friends and family members in our lives celebrating their special day!


Step 1. Cut a tag 3 1/2"x6" out of the Artistic Paper Spring In Bloom 6x6 Squares. Step 2. I used the Smooch Spritz in Sea Breeze then splattered the Smooch Spritz in Wood Stain.



Step 3. I used the Smooch Spritz in River Mossy, sprayed it lightly on my finger and used it as finger paints to tint the leaves on the tag. Then I did the same process with the Smooch Spritz in Carmel Latte to tint the area around the leaves and flowers. I used my Copics to color in the flowers.

Step 4. I cut two flowers, a butterfly, and a knome from the Donna Salazar Crafty Chronicle then adhered them to the tag. I used foam dots under the butterfly and knome to add dimension, then added lace to the bottom edge of the tag.

Step 5. I tied an olive colored ribbon, a sheer peach ribbon, and twine to the top of the tag then glued three flower buds to the center which I cut from the lace that I added to the bottom of the tag. I also added Fairy Dust Glitter in Peaches and Cream using Glue Gloss to the edges of the butterfly wings. Then, I added my Happy Birthday journaling strips. I distressed the edges of the tag with the Distrezz-It-All, then inked the edges with the ColorBox Cat's Eye Ink in Creamy Brown.

Here is my final Happy Birthday Tag with a couple of close ups to view the details.








I will by adding this tag to a kraft colored gift bag for a simple yet elegant feel. Hope you like it!
Supplies: Donna Salazar Artistic Papers Collection, Crafty Chronicle, Smooch Spritz, ColorBox Cat's Eye Ink, Glue Gloss, Fairy Dust Glitter, Distrezz-It-All



No comments: