Wednesday, January 14, 2009

He Rolled ... FINALLY!


I can't believe it, but one day before Carter turns 5 months old

he finally rolled over. We've known for a while now that he could

totally roll if he wanted to...he just hasn't wanted to I guess. I

think that he is more concerned with figuring out how to get

himself upright than rolling. But, today, I put him down on his

little blue blankie for some tummy time with a stuffed lion and

his passie in front of him for some encouragement. He went after

the passie immediately (almost army crawling to get it) and the

second he grabbed that pacifier he plopped straight to his back

before I could even realize what happened. He just gave me a

little grin and got himself all comfy to take a nap (all my baby's

LOVE to sleep). Even after having 3 kids, these little firsts are

as exciting as they were 12 years ago when I was watching my

oldest roll over for the first time. I am sooooo lucky to be able

to stay @ home with my children and be able to witness all of

their milestones, no matter how big or small they may be!


-Sarah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

such exciting news!!! can't wait to hear more updates that are yet to happen... like sitting pushing up, crawling, walking!! :)

hope you are having a wonderful day!
sarah

Jenny B in Indy said...

Caleb did this SAME thing.. Like a few days before he turned five months old. We waited and waited.. And FINALLY. LOL
We thought sure there was something wrong with him. Nope, just didn't feel like doing it.

Then less than a month later he was crawling and two months later walking. They grow fast (as I'm sure you know with two older girls). Enjoy it! He's such a cutie!